Join our Storefront Volunteer Program!
The Greater Sudbury Police Service is looking for volunteers who are interested in helping in their community. The Greater Sudbury Police Service Storefront offices in the Sudbury area are a great opportunity for volunteers to work closely with the police in the community. Volunteers support the efforts of the police service by engaging in activities such as:
- Preparing Crime Prevention material
- Keeping the public informed of policing activities in the community
- Answering inquiries from the public attending the office
- Assisting with various office duties
- Answering telephone inquiries and taking messages for the Police Constables
- Providing the public with information on all aspects of policing by the Greater Sudbury Police Service
- Providing complimentary Storefront Friendly Call Program to local senior citizens and shut ins
What are the Benefits of Being a Volunteer?
Our volunteers are a vital link to the various communities serviced throughout the city of Greater Sudbury. Volunteers have the opportunity to:
- Have ongoing dialogue and engage in problem-solving with members of the police service
- Get a close-up view of our community programs
- Contribute to the community in a meaningful way
- Build a feeling of personal satisfaction, knowing that you are proactively helping to improve safety in your community
- Meet and participate with individuals who share a similar goal
- Build interpersonal skills
- Meet new friends who share the same vision!
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit a completed application indicating their interest in the Storefront Volunteer Program to the Greater Sudbury Police Service - Human Resource Branch by email or by mail to:
Greater Sudbury Police Service
190 Brady Street
All volunteer applicants must undergo the required background checks before becoming a Greater Sudbury Police volunteer. Learn more about the Storefronts Program here! To access the application form, click here.