Mischief to property, aka vandalism is damage that was intentionally done to your property and that did not result in a Break and Enter/Theft.

Mischief to Property may include, but is not limited to:

  • Your house or business being “egged”.
  • Broken windows where no one entered your home/business and nothing was taken.
  • Tire/tread marks being left on your lawn.

Please note that the following vandalism CANNOT be accepted online:

  • Someone has entered your business or home and has vandalized or damaged your property.
  • If the graffiti or vandalism is motivated by bias, prejudice or hate based on colour, race, religion, nationality or ethnic origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or mental or physical disability.

If any of these apply please call the Greater Sudbury Police Service at 705-675-9171 to file a report. 

When completing a vandalism report, please:

  • Provide a detailed description of what happened including an approximate date/time.
  • Provide pictures of the vandalism before cleaning/fixing it.
  • Please provide any suspect information, if available, and/or indicate that video surveillance footage is available.

The accuracy of the information you provide will help us in processing your report. Please ensure that your report is complete and concise.

File a Mischief to Property Report

You may be contacted by email or telephone if further information is required. 

Filing a false police report is a criminal offence.